segunda-feira, 4 de janeiro de 2010

The crusade for the pendant-edward's POV


The crusade for the pendant

http://www.icecool.co.uk/images/products/Teardrop-Diamond-Pendant-_lrg.jpgBella had made me promise not to buy her a present due to the ridiculous fact that she believes she’s aging. Since I am forever trapped in the body of a seventeen year old, she has come to the conclusion that she is old. As if age was relevant in our relationship. I am a century older than her. There’s no older than that in her book. Yet still she pouts every time such theme occurs in our conversations. I granted her victory. No presents. Today at least. I will buy. Or better phrased, take back a pendant that has belong to my family for generations. It’s at a museum. Thus the problem of the taking back what is yours by right. However the archives don’t go that back and I’m not supposed to be alive. Thus the dilemma: To steal or not to steal.

http://www.icecool.co.uk/images/products/Teardrop-Diamond-Pendant-_lrg.jpgObviously I chose the first. The pendant is a white diamond with a chain in white gold. The diamond itself is shaped as a tear drop. Symbolizing the tears shed by the wives and daughters during World War I. My grandmother gave it to me on a will. She loved the pendant, would wear it every day. It reminded her that her suffering is shared by many. That gave her strength somehow. For me, it would have depressed me further had I not been in the barracks myself. The museum where it's been held is in Amsterdam, in order to go there without causing suspicion to Bella I’d have to go there after she went to sleep.

After a couple of hours of running and swimming I got to Amsterdam. The diamond museum is a rather fascinating place to take someone. I shall convince Bella to come visit with me. Or it would be best if I didn’t, given that I’ll be stealing one of the most important items of their collection. I won’t show in the surveillance. My speed ought to be leverage. I still don’t know if the alarm will sound in case I cut through the glass with my nails. I hope not, I’m not in a smashing mood, which includes skulls and bullet proof glass.

Since when did my luck start? Oh right never. Gladly I didn’t have to kill anyone nor did I cause to much of a mess while recovering my, soon to be Bella’s, pendent. The guards were clueless as to what had happened. I considered leaving money but then thought it would be best to let them think I was a theft (in the normal conception of the word, including gang members, mobsters, and such). I’ll order a donation doubling the value of the pendant and the damage as soon as I get home so I can appease my mind and Bella’s if she were to find out about a crime which occurred half way through the globe, where there are no evidence and the news cast won’t bother investigating such trivial matters globally. The file will be left after superficial investigations and I’ll never be linked to any of those deeds. Justice does not apply to vampires. It's a good thing we have a good set of morals and the Volturi to control us otherwise we would have annihilated humankind a long time ago.

My trip back home was without incidents. I stopped for a snack on the way. I was in a mood for a shark. I stripped down my clothes and laid them on an underwater cave. The water would evaporate with my running however I didn’t want to explain bite marks to Bella. She is to know nothing of what happened today. I didn’t have to look very thoroughly to find my prey. A great white in the deep clean waters of the Atlantic seems a dish fit for the gods. Ok that was a matter of speech I do not think myself divine. Quite the contrary however that’s a different story and I have a shark to drain.

Returning to gold, as I return home next to Bella. The pendant is safe at my place. I’ll offer it to her when the age craziness is past behind of us.

---------------“---------------------------

It’s high time to destroy every shred of evidence of my existence so I don’t remember Bella of me. Starting with photographs and the pendant the rest I’ll see through it when I get to her room. It ought to be easy for us to clear out our house; we’ve done so a hundred times before.

“This is for the best.” I keep telling myself so, repeating it over and over in my head, thus making it sink in. it is impossible. Utterly repellant to abandon Bella, however it must be done. It is the only way to keep her safe.

As I take the pendant in my hand I think of everything it represented…war…suffering…innocent lives, nothing could be more fitting. I grab the pendant by the diamond and put it between my thumb and index finger, I gently clench my fingers and as I reopen them I let the diamond dust fly away with the wind. It's over… All of it…

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário